Proper fuel injector performance is essential for an efficient combustion process. The injectors must atomize the fuel at the correct opening pressure and at the correct time relative to the crank angle. Furthermore, the atomization must be complete and thorough and there must be no dripping or leakage.
If the fuel injection equipment (fuel rack, fuel pumps, fuel lines, fuel nozzles) are not maintained in very good condition, then any of the following will occur:
- Unbalanced peak pressures, some cylinders may run on overload while others contribute too little. This causes additional stresses and wear.
- Increased fuel consumption
- Increased (torsional) vibrations
- Increased emissions and visible smoke
To prevent this from happening, it is paramount that the fuel injection equipment is always kept in good working condition. QuantiServ offers reconditioning services for the following equipment, independent of the engine brand:
- Fuel pump blocks, including pressure test, reconditioning of the seats, lapping of the surfaces
- Fuel pumps
- Fuel nozzles
- Hydraulic lines
- Starting air valves
- Safety valves